The TEVA Foundations is the charitable arm of the Texas Equine Veterinary Association (TEVA) founded in 2017. The TEVA Foundation was established to support benevolence in the equine industry and equine welfare, geared towards regions served by the TEVA membership. We accomplish this through research, education and outreach.
Where is your money going?
- Top priority is Hurricane Harvey relief efforts
- Monies designated or earmarked for Hurricane Harvey Relief will be used to support veterinarians restocking their clinics with emergency veterinary supplies and medications and for emergency feed and/or equipment like panels, buckets, troughs, etc.
- Equine Disaster Relief Center
- Any funds remaining would go towards funding a preparedness effort for future disaster relief
- Other current priorities include:
- Disaster Relief receive 20% of funds received
- Scholarships receive 20% of funds received
- Research Projects receive 20% of funds received
- Student Activities receive 20% of funds received
- Equitarian Projects receive 20% of funds received
- Annual donations to AAEP’s Equine Disease Communication Center
In years past, the Board of Directors has been using money raised in the Silent and Live Auctions to do five main things:
- Donating to the bi-annual TEVA Equitarian Trips to South America
- Given scholarships to selected applicants to go on either the fall or spring Equitarian Trip or participate in any other form of EQUINE focused Continuing Education
- We are in year 3 of 5 of funding an Endowed scholarship at Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine
- We are in year 3 of 5 of funding an Endowed scholarship at Oklahoma State University School of Veterinary Medicine
- Fully funded an endowed scholarship at Texas A&M University School of Veterinary Medicine in 2015. Our first scholarship, $500, was just awarded for the fall 2017 semester, to Anna Caruso. Anna is a 4th year interested in a specialty in equine surgery and president of the SCAAEP. 2018’s award should be $1,000.
TEVA FOUNDATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
and Mr. Pete Hale